Experience in the Americas
ASSESSMENTS, REMEDIAL INVESTIGATIONS and
COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
North America, Central America & South America Due Diligence Activities
- Performed a number of merger, acquisition and divestiture environmental due diligence assessments. Responsible for the organization of an assessment team, scheduling, completion of the assessments, preparation of checklists and reports, development/determination of liabilities, and presentation of findings to clients. Some of the major assessments included the following:
- $400 million acquisition of major paper manufacturer, which included over a dozen active facilities.
- $20 million acquisition of a consumer packaging facility in 1998.
- $2.1 billion acquisition of major can manufacturer in 2000, which included over a dozen active facilities and over twenty (20) inactive/formerly owned sites.
- $190 million divestiture of consumer packaging firm in 2002.
- $130 million divestiture of healthcare consumer packaging manufacturer in 2003.
- $65 million divestiture of coated films and papers manufacturer in 2004.
$200 million divestiture of healthcare consumer packaging manufacturer in 2004.
- $258 million acquisition of plastic packaging manufacturer in 2005.
Over $250 million in single to multi-facility acquisition/disposals since 2006.
Referenced assessments resulted in the need to conduct a number of follow-up activities, such as Phase II assessments, remedial actions, building decon/decommissioning, and compliance management.
- Conducted Phase I Environmental Site Assessments at twenty-six (26) diesel truck manufacturing facilities throughout the country and Canada. The sites included the world headquarters building, a major warehousing facility, and a diesel engine and transmission manufacturing facility. Recommendations made concerning the handling and storage of hazardous materials and petroleum products, and identification and abatement of asbestos-containing building materials, as well as for a Phase II investigation of the engine and transmission facility.
- Conducted Phase I Environmental Site Assessments at seven (7) baking facilities throughout the country. Recommendations made concerning the handling and storage of hazardous materials and petroleum products, and identification and abatement of asbestos-containing building materials.
- Conducted acquisition/divestiture studies of fifty-one (51) manufacturing facilities in twenty-three (23) states and Puerto Rico for a paper coating firm. The acquisition studies included Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and a review of each facility's regulatory compliance. Phase II sampling activities were conducted at eighteen (18) of the sites.
- Conducted an acquisition study for an international specialty chemical corporation at thirty (30) facilities in the United States and Canada. The study included Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and a review of each facility's regulatory compliance. Phase II sampling activities were conducted at twenty (20) of the sites.
- Involved in the design, procurement, assembly, installation, and start-up of more than fifty (50) skid-mounted, shed-mounted, trailer-mounted, container-mounted and onsite constructed remediation systems for the remediation of contaminated effluent, air emissions, groundwater, and soil.